Time 4UR Tech-Check?!
If you see yourself in any of the following when it comes to your life online, you’re way overdue and badly in need of an urgent upgrade to your Tech IQ. Hey, if your friends won’t tell you and your fam won’t either, I’m your guy!
- Is your friend’s cell phone a lot newer than yours, and about a thousand times faster, with MUCH more on-board storage, and a MUCH faster CPU (brain) and does it offer a ton of features like scanning, mobile collaboration, pdf generation and manipulation, easy use VPN, multi-screen display, etc., most of which you barely understand and never use when you’re on your trusty old cell phone. Or, worse yet, when compared with your “flip” phone?
- Do you still continue to insist upon using an old, outdated and no longer (or barely) supported desktop software program(s) at work? Lotus Notes, WordPerfect ver 6, or maybe you’re still using an ancient AOL account to handle your email? Do you inevitably run into issues whenever trying to connect using Bluetooth?
- Are you still confused about why anyone would think they need multiple PC monitors on their valuable desktop? Is the only flat screen display monitor you ever regularly use, your TV? Do you use one of those big, old CRT monitors? And for that matter, if you haven’t already done it, would you have any clue as to how to go about cutting your exorbitant cable TV connection costs while still enjoying everything offered over cable tv but using only an Internet connection?
- Are you someone who refuses to partake of anything that somehow involves the dreaded Internet “cloud”? Are you more convinced than ever that the “cloud” is the worst thing that ever happened to civilization, and really no more than a very scary open invitation, available for any half-decent high school hacker out to steal your private financial details?
- Have you ever even tried to read a book, a newspaper or a magazine on your mobile device?
If you answered yes to any of the foregoing questions, then you probably should check back to this space because I will regularly post an assortment of online tech tips and shortcuts that’ll all help a lot, I promise!